Like many of you, I both enjoy and dislike the lack of structure over Christmas. There is something wonderfully liberating about not having to set an alarm, something even more wonderful when your goal for the day is to light a fire and watch a movie while indulging in some treats. However, for many of us stepping away from our healthy behaviours and patterns can actually cause us to feel guilty, become demotivated therefore entering the New Year with a negative mindset, sound familiar? What if I said to you, that you can indulge AND complete a 5 minute daily self-care routine to manage your thoughts and/or negative emotions? Would you be interested, well why not try it?
Starting your day with Intention is the single most powerful thing you can do.
Each morning when you wake up, I suggest you do the following:
- Take 5 long deep breaths
- Stretch your arms, your legs and feel really present in your body. Send love and healing to any aches and pains you may have
- Think of 3 things you are grateful for
- Forgive yourself for yesterday’s mistakes, the past is over
- Set your intention for the day
- Get out of bed, put your 2 feet on the ground and really feel connected to the floor beneath you. Imagine there are roots coming out of your feet connecting down to the earth centre, imagine being gently tugged to the ground.
- Choose a positive statement / affirmation for the day to counteract any negative emotion you may have looming in your mind.
- Smile for no reason, you’re alive, CHOOSE HAPPINESS
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a New Year filled with happy surprises.